KARACHI: Inspector General of Police (IGP) Sindh Kaleem Imam Wednesday ordered, to initiate crackdown against vehicles being run over open letter in the province.
As per details, Sindh’s top cop, has ordered DIG traffic and Zonal DIGs to launch crackdown against vehicles running over transfer letters across the province.
The decision was taken in the light of Chief Minister Sindh’s orders, after revelation that the vehicle used by terrorists, to attack Chinese Consulate was owned by a person, who had sold his vehicle six years ago.
Authorities concerned are advised to expand the action against the vehicles running over the number plate of applied for registration.
Citizens are advised to use original number plates of their vehicles while commuting, to avoid any action against them.
Yesterday, Chief Minister Sindh, Syed Murad Ali Shah, had ordered to launch crackdown against the use of vehicles by second or progressive owners on transfer letters in the province.
Related: 14,051 mobile phones snatched in Karachi this year so far, CM Sindh told
He was chairing the meeting to review law and order situation in the wake of car explosion in city’s Defence area.
During the briefing, Mr. Shah was informed by officials that 14,051 mobile snatching incidents occurred in Karachi this year so far, while in 2017, 16739 such cases were reported to police and in 2012 the number of cell-phone snatching incidents stood at 12,187.
The CM Sindh was told that Karachi saw 575 incidents of targeted killing in 2013, while in contrast, six such incidents were reported in the city so far this year.
In 2013, as many as 173 incidents of abduction for ransom were reported while this year 75 kidnapping incidents occurred.
As many as 1882 motorbikes were snatched this year so far, while according to CPLC stats, 5118 such incidents were reported from across the city in 2013.