Ultimate magazine theme for WordPress.

Senate: Opposition stages walkout to protest minister’s remarks

773

ISLAMABAD: The joint opposition parties Thursday walked out from Upper House of the Parliament against the remarks of Minister for Information and Broadcasting against opposition’s leadership and announced to continue their boycott till an apology was tendered.

Speaking on a point of order at the very outset of the proceedings, Leader of the Opposition in Senate Raja Muhammad Zafar-ul-Haq said privilege of the House was breached last day by the Minister of Information and Broadcasting.
It is useless to sit in the House in such circumstances. The opposition has decided to boycott House proceeding till tendering of apology by the minister concerned.
Mir Hasil Bazinjo said opposition will not end its boycott while Maula Bakhsh Chandio criticized the Information Minister for “vitiating the atmosphere of the House” and said Senator Mushahidullah Khan had already shaken hands with Minister of Information and Broadcasting Chaudhry Fawad Hussain.
Senator Sitara Ayaz said government would have to play its role for ensuring smooth functioning of the House proceedings.
Ms Sherry Rehman said the sanctity of the House was being breached persistently by the treasury. The responsible will have to tender apology for smooth functioning.
Leader of the House in Senate Shibli Fraz said ensuring dignity was the responsibility of both treasury and opposition and opposition should also avoid personal remarks. He said the government welcome their criticism on government policies.
Senator Mir Kabeer Ahmed Muhammad Shahi pointed out the quorum. Chairman ordered ringing of bell for five minutes. He ordered counting after five minutes and suspended the proceedings of the House for 30 minutes as the House was not in order.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.