- Companies will now be able to pay to put ads into user’s status updates
- Will also pay to be able to send messages to customers
- Around 60 billion messages are sent every day within the app
- Facebook hopes WhatsApp can help it following its recent stock market crash
- Figures have also shown use of Facebook’s main app is starting to slow
Facebook is overhauling WhatsApp in a bid to make money from the messaging app following its own disastrous results last week.
As Facebook shares tanked and Mark Zuckerberg’s firm saw $150bn wiped off its value last week, the firm now hopes WhatsApp, which it bought for $19bn in 2014, can make it money.